Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Starting Over

For those of you that don't know, I have recently moved. It's not one of those moves where you change houses, it's one of those moves where everything is new. It's a new church, a new ministry, a new city, a new house, and new relationships that must be formed. Can I teach? preach? plan cool activities? plan meaningful spirit-driven events? I would say yes to all. But the most important part of being and doing what I do as a youth pastor...build relationships. Am I confident in that? Sometimes. There is uncertainty in who I'll click with and who I won't. Who will be on board with what we do and who will want nothing to do with me? It's the uncertainty that drives me. It's the not knowing that makes me want to see what will happen. If I knew the outcome, there would be no excitement, no risk, and no faith! Is there anything that you've been avoiding not doing because you don't know the outcome? Why not give it a try and put some weight on the Master instead of our own logic and knowledge? Have a good one.

Ron

1 comment:

Dean said...

So I'm wondering how the move has worked out so far?