Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Back to it!

I've obviously taken a break from my E-100 Book. I can give you all of the excuses: getting packed away and not finding the book until today, switching ministries, getting to know teens, preaching, teaching, planning, getting vans fixed, getting a new car, moving my life, etc...but they are just that...excuses. I have been reading my Bible, just not blogging. I am going to be getting back in my E-100 starting tomorrow and maybe I might just catch up with everyone (not in one day). But I will be starting back where I left off, so my next post will be from Day 26.

Let me just share one quick thing that God showed me the other day, however, from 2 Corinthians 4. As I was reading, the passage mentioned that we are to be lights to the world around us. I stopped reading right when I read that, and started thinking to myself. When God tells us to let our light shine before men and to be a light in the darkness, He isn't expecting me to try harder to live better then everyone else. He wants us to live our lives as transparent as possible so that people don't see us, they see Christ. Then I thought to myself that the only one that stops me from being that light in the darkness is...well...me. When I focus on putting me first and making sure that people see me, they aren't seeing Christ. Excited about the conclusion I had come to on my own, I continued to read soon to find in the next few verses that Paul went on to explain this very thing about us being the ones who get in the way of Christ shining brightly in our lives for other to see! So let me ask you today, when others see you, what do they see more of...Christ in you? or just you? Have a great day guys!

Ron Foster

No comments: