Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You Can't Make This Stuff Up! E-100 Day 14 (Genesis 43-44)


Ok, so you know how when you are in a good book or into a movie, you can't put it down or bear to leave to go to the bathroom, because you want to see every second? That's how I am with the story of Joseph! How could I stop anywhere in the middle? So I'm letting you know that I'm doing all of Joseph's story in one day (I may not blog it all in one day). But I just had to read ahead! You can't make this stuff up! This is blockbuster drama stuff man! Here are some observations from this day's reading:

1. Did anyone else notice that they left Simeon in prison the whole time they were away? That lets us know how much Jacob treasured Benjamin...enough to give up another son to prison just to keep him home! How much time do you think went by before they ran out of grain and food from their trip! It was only then that they went back!

2. I think this whole scheme of Joseph's lets us know why he is in charge of Egypt...the dude is smart. He knew that Jacob treasured Benjamin, so he had to devise a plan to Benjamin there. Then once he got Benjamin there, he would devise a plan to keep him there. This would force his dad to come. This is what he longed for.

3. You gotta think that he was enjoying seeing his brothers sweat a little bit too. I mean, come on, who wouldn't?

4. Notice that if Joseph was feeling any form of resentment, he didn't let it come out. He removed himself from the situation and started to devise a strategic plan to reconcile himself to his family again.

I don't know about you, but Joseph is one of my heroes and the more I read about him, the more I wish I were like him. Have a good one guys!

Ron Foster

No comments: