Monday, January 21, 2008

LET ME OUT! E-100 Day 4 (Genesis 8:1-9:17)


So Noah gets on a boat that he built with his sons. He followed God's directions. He put a whole lot of animals on this boat with him. It rained and flooded just like God had said. He was safe. But now, he was stuck on this boat! For 10 months! Most people read that it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. But it took nearly 10 months for the water to go down, and them to be able to leave the boat! 10 MONTHS! Are you kidding me? I don't know about you, but what might be going through my head would be, "Thanks, God, for saving me, but can you get me off this boat?"

Think through that scenario for a second...you have to live on this huge boat with who knows how many animals (alot), taking care of them, trying not to go crazy (cabin fever). What did they eat? What did they drink? Where did they go to the bathroom? How did they sleep? Where did the animals sleep? What did they do for fun? Did they jog to release some energy? How did they do it?

I'll tell you how they did it. When it got hard to live, they remembered the whole reason they were even on the boat, because they served God when no one else was. So they weren't about to stop now. There are times when I get tired of trying. There are times when I get tired of doing right. There are times when I just wish I could not care what I do. There are times when I wish I had no consequences for stupid actions. And in those times, I remember why I am here and why I have the life that I do, with the mind that I do, and the heart and emotions I do...it's because of one man...Jesus Christ. Then I remember how to endure just like Noah and his family on that boat. To keep my eye on the big picture. What is most important?

Having thoughts of giving up? Having thoughts of quitting? Is it getting hard to keep going? Just remember what is most important. Have a great day guys.

Ron Foster

No comments: